Altogether the family!
Family rafting with young kids:On the first part of our Family rafting tour we have some rapids with waves. Before some of these waves we just use a special command for the children, so they can sit down deep on the bottom of the rafting boat in a safety position. We give paddles to the children, so they can be active partners on the family rafting tour as well. They can paddle if they want, or they can just sit in the boat and enjoy the scenery. During our family rafting tour we make some stops to make a slide out of the boat, to try swimming in calm part of Soca river or to play some games on the shore.
- Recommended for families with young kids or teenagers
- Minimum age: from the age of 6 and the minimum height of 105 cm is required!
- Duration: 1,5 hour on Soca river, all together 3-3,5 hours
- Difficulty: easy white water rafting section (Class I-II-III)
- Lenght: 7 km long
- Available: from 15th of March till 31st of October, every day but we recommend during the main summer time
- Swimming ability is required!
The required age for a safe family rafting tour:
This is the main question when we are talking about whitewater rafting in case of a 6 year old child, the safety. We completed our programs with the family rafting tour a long time ago. Our experience is that kids from the age of six have been able to preoccupy their attention with the whitewater program, they understand how important to listen to their river rafting guide and we can count with their cooperation, which is very important in terms of safety. They are waiting for the time of the family rafting tour with excitement, and every equipment make them currios. Definitely we can say that children from the age of six, enjoy the family-friendly whitewater trip!
Of course, we adjust the duration of the rafting trip and the difficulty of the section to the kids.
Safety on the Family Rafting tours:
For a safe Family Rafting we need at least 2 adults into the rafting boat, to have some power. On the Soca shore your river rafting guide will equip everyone with safety information and practice the main commands before you start your 7 km tour. For the kids we teach a special command, to sit down deep on the bottom of the rafting boat in a safety positin, so in the rapids they are in the safest place!
The necessary equipment, which help to ensure safety:
For the Family Rafting tours we provide the following equipments to have a safe and comfortable trip:
- Helmet which protects your head
- Personal Flotation Devide - protect your back and spine, keep you on the surface of the water
- Neoprene suit - 3 mm neoprene suit which protects your body against the cold water and also has a flotation
- Neoprene shoes - to protect you against the cold water and protect your foot
We provide adequate size for the kids.
Swimming skills are required for Family Rafting Tours!
Meeting point and preparation
Meet us at the Soca Rider Office which you can find 10 m-s from the main square of Bovec, to begin your Family Rafting tour on the Soca River. After arranging the paper work and the payment, your guide staff will equip everyone with the necessary equipment (helmet, lifejacket, neoprene suit, neopren shoes), which would fit on the kids, we have sizes for them! We will take a quick, 10 minutes drive to the put-in place with the Soca Rider van.
What to bring
- bathing suit
- spack bend for glasses/sunglasses
Reach Soca river and RAFTING
We change next to Soca rafting river, and after the safety talk your adventure will begin! The Soca Rider van would be waiting for us in the end point of the Family rafting tour, so you can change immediately, and we have a short drive back to Bovec! In our office we would be happy to give you some advise what to see in the Soca valley, natural wonders, good excursions, mountain trails! And you can check our small shop where you can find Soca Rider T-shirts, hand made Stack beanies and jewelery.
We had an excellent activity with Soca Rider team. We took their family rafting trip. The course was amazing with a lot of action but still OK for novices like us. Our guide in the raft was professional, responsible and above all invested outstanding effort to let us have fun...like splashing water, giving high fives and a lot of laughs. We highly recommend this activity for a day out in the Soca river.Rang
The Socarider team were great- Starting from the patience it takes to fit the rafting outfit for the excited kids, the good condition of the equipment, clear safety explanations, pics that Casi (our guide) took during the rafting And mostly- the fun! Casi created a great team spirit, amusing the kids (two 8 years old and two 5 years old) and building up excitement.Rotem
Highly recommended! We were 10 persons: 4 adults, 6 kids (range 8 to 15). Excellent and fun day (1.5 hrs net + 2 more for the whole "setup"). The Soca is not a high grade rafting river- Rapids are not the extreme type, yet, the landscape and the clear water (you can actually drink the water) make it a great location. For " first-timers"/families or it is an excellent place! Above all, Petra and Gyula- the team running the business gives an excellent service and value. The business is professional, English spoken, and not compromising about safety. We all ended our adventure with a big smile. Recommended!Yossi
- [yt_youtube url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd_JheHf5zU&feature=youtu.be" width="600" height="400" responsive="yes" autoplay="no" ] Best white water rafting tour in Bovec! [/tab_item]
- Family rafting is available:
- From 15th of March until 31th of October, BUT we recommend this tour during the main summer time when the water as well as the weather is warmer
- Family rafting tours start
- 9am, 2pm
- Required minimum participants
- Family rafting tour starts with minimum of 2 adults + 1 child because of safety!
Age Price Adults 42 € Students 38 € Under age of 15 34 €
The price includes
You can reserve your Family rafting tour with 20% of deposit payment, what you can do with credit card payment on our website.
- time on river 1,5 hour
- professional guides (with Slovenian licences)
- all necessary equipment
- transfer between Bovec and Soca river
- gift pictures
- River permition
Family rafting tour on Soca river in Bovec, Slovenia